Changing Tyre Needs of New Age SUV owners
Back in the day, everyone ran regular tyres on their SUVs with pretty much just the one tyre tread decision “cheap”, but not anymore. More and more people in today’s generation of SUV owners have started to understand & focus on importance of correct tyre selection for their SUVs.
Tyre Selection Conundrum
So how do we select tyre? In modern day SUV environment, we want our tyres to grip in all conditions from dry bitumen to high degrees of offload including sand, slush, ice to rocks. We also want our tyre to resist punctures, carry loads but still offer fuel economy and low weight. Happily, modern tyre technology is helping us have it all.
Why Right Tyre Selection is so crucial?
It becomes very crucial to select a right tyre even on highways, & specially during off-road conditions. Right tyre means a right combination of tyre size, tread, pattern, width, compound depending of terrain you generally drive on. If we ask why is it important than here are few reasons:
- Right tyre selection gives you better traction & grip
- Right tyre selection gives you better stability & breaking on tracks or highways
- Right tyre selection avoid punctures
- Right tyre selection ensures that you are not putting undue pressure on your engine
- Right tyre selection ensures the level of noise car make on a track or a highway
- Right tyre selection for the conditions decrease chances of car component wear out
- Right tyre selection can help increase fuel efficiency